WayForward has revealed River City Girls and it’s heading to PS4, Xbox One and Nintendo Switch and PC on September 5th. You can check out the trailer of the game in the tweet below. We have also included details directly from WayForward.
“River City Girls stars Kyoko and Misako, two street-tough high-schoolers who must fight their way through the six regions of River City to rescue their kidnapped boyfriends, series mainstays Kunio and Riki. Along the way, they’ll utilize an arsenal of combos, counters, throws, and special attacks; battle an assortment of enemies; accept numerous side quests; level up with experience points; interact with NPCs (including guest stars from past River City games); and shop for a variety of items, food, and gear to boost stats and unlock new abilities. The girls can even wield weapons and recruit defeated foes to join them in combat!
The one- or local two-player bare-knuckle brawling is complemented by spectacular 16-bit-style graphics and an epic synth-pop soundtrack (featuring NateWantsToBattle, Chipzel, Christina Vee, and Megan McDuffee!), while the story roars to life via glorious anime cutscenes and manga-style intermissions.”
- Furious beat-’em-up action for one or two players!
- Stunning pixel-art graphics plus anime and manga cutscenes!
- Fantastic soundtrack featuring NateWantsToBattle, Chipzel, Christina Vee, and Megan McDuffee!
- Six large city regions to fight through, complete with shops and side quests!
- Loads of weapons, items, and abilities to power-up your heroines!
- Guest appearances by classic River City characters!
The gloves are off! We're excited to finally share the details on our upcoming co-op beat-'em-up, River City Girls, which hits Switch, PS4, Xbox One, and PC this September! You can play it at @ArcSystemWorksU's @AnimeExpo booth this week! https://t.co/tD6ARMXDsO pic.twitter.com/peyy4mjB84— WayForward (@WayForward) July 3, 2019