During Square Enix’s E3 presentation, the gameplay and revamped combat for Final Fantasy VII Remake was explained, giving fans an idea of what to expect from the game. A trailer was also shown, giving us are first look at Sephiroth and Tifa in the game. As a hybrid between real-time and command-based battle systems, players have direct control over characters, executing regular attacks with the square button and swapping among party members with a single button press.
You can see the game in action in the video below. In a press release following the demo, Square Enix also revealed some of the key voice actors.
- Cloud, voiced by Cody Christian (All American, Teen Wolf)
- Barret, voiced by John Eric Bentley (Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen, Independence Day: Resurgence)
- Aerith, voiced by Briana White (Criminal Minds: Beyond Borders, Occupants)
- Tifa, voiced by Britt Baron (GLOW)
- Jessie, voiced by Erica Lindbeck (Spider-Man, Persona 5, ThunderCats Roar)
- Biggs, voiced by Gideon Emery (Star Wars: The Clone Wars, Teen Wolf)
- Wedge, voiced by Matt Jones (Breaking Bad)
- Sephiroth, voiced by Tyler Hoechlin
Fina Fantasy VII Remake releases on March 3 2020 for PS4.