Microsoft Studios creative director Adam Isgreen recently had an interview on Twitch (starts at 04:07:34) confirming a few things about Killer Instinct Season 3. Here’s everything you need to know:
- It will release in March 2016
- It will be a Windows 10 exclusive (Meaning you’ll need Windows 10 to run it on PC)
- An updated Dojo Tutorial
- Tusk and Kim Wu have been confirmed to appear at launch and both will have retro costumes
- More characters will be available at launch than there were in the launch of Season 2. The remaining few will be available in the coming months.
- Everyone on the roster will have tweaks to help balance the game to compensate for the new features and mechanics being introduced in Season 3
- 2 characters that are currently on the roster will be re-worked. That means their set ups and how they gain meter will be different. It is confirmed that these two characters are not Glacius, Aganos, or Shadow Jago.
- Although Ultimates for every character isn't confirmed, it is possible for all the characters to receive Ultimates due to the tech they developed when they created ARIA.
- They will reveal more information at Pax South in San Antonio, TX sometime between January 29-31
- There will be more community bundles in Season 3 due to the success of the Shadow Jago Fund Raiser. The purpose of the Fund Raisers will be determined by the community on what they want to see in Season 3 that didn't make the cut by launch. So if you want to see a certain guest character, stage, mode, feature, etc. that didn't make the cut, make yourself heard. They are actively seeking out the community's input.
Killer Instinct Season 3 is looking to be the best season yet. What do you think ? What do you think of all this new information ? What do you think they’ll announce next ?