estimates that player spending over the past 10 months in the augmented reality game is over one billion dollars and lifetime revenue is over four billion dollars. This would mean that Pokemon GO is on track to record its best year ever. Here are the top three countries in 2020 for player spending in the app:
- USA: $1.5 billion — 36.3% of total spending.
- Japan: $1.3 billion 31.3% of the total,
- Germany: $238.6 million or 5.7%.
Pokemon GO is currently the third biggest mobile game worldwide after PUBG and Honor of Kings by Tencent. Total revenue by platform is the following:
- Google Play: 2.2 billion or 53.4% of total revenues
- App Store: $1.9 billion or 46.6%