Apple has released iOS 13.2.2 and iPadOS 13.2.2. To update your device go to Settings —> General —> Software Update on your iPhone and/or iPad to install them.
The updates resolve a glitch in which apps quit when running in the background, and other issues. Also, according to Apple’s release notes, iOS 13.2.2:
- Fixes an issue that could cause apps to quit unexpectedly when running in the background;
- Resolves an issue where iPhone may temporarily lose mobile signal after a call;
- Addresses an issue where mobile data may temporarily not be available;
- Fixes an issue that caused replies to S/MIME encrypted email messages between Exchange accounts to be unreadable;
- Addresses an issue where using Kerberos single sign-on service in Safari may present an authentication prompt;
- Resolves an issue where charging may be interrupted on YubiKey Lightning-powered accessories.
iPadOS 13.2.2 addresses all the above expect for the cellular issues fix.