During Sony's E3 conference, we got a look at The Last Of Us Part II, offering the world a glimpse of how the sequel will actually play, as well as Ellie's whereabouts. Here's some of the things I noticed from the trailer:
- When the scene opens, we see an older Ellie. It's not quite clear how much older, but she seems to be an adult now. She has a friend named Jesse and a romantic interest named Dina.
- Jesse refers to Ellie's "old man" at one point, implying that Joel is alive at this point in the story.
- Cover is more than just cover. At one point, Ellie crawls under a truck, using it to hide. This happens not as a cutscene but as a direct action from the player.
- Though this can obviously change before release, the UI and menus from the first game look to be the same here as far as health and the quick-access menu go.
- In the original game, when you picked up ammo and arrows, it was quick movement, with the character stuffing ammo laying neatly on the ground in their pockets. The action seems to be a little more realistic here, with Ellie literally pulling an arrow out of a corpse to stuff in her quiver.