Blizzard has finally announced a release date for StarCraft: Remastered. The real-time strategy classic, including the Brood War expansion, is getting an overhaul, complete with 4K graphics, enhanced audio, updated matchmaking and leaderboard systems, and more. A full list of features from Blizzard can be found below.
- Full graphical upgrade of the original StarCraft and the StarCraft: Brood War expansion
- Widescreen UHD support for up to 4K resolution
- New matchmaking and leaderboards
- Player profiles that track individual statistics
- Cloud saving for campaign progress, hotkeys, and replays
- Higher fidelity music and sound
- Switch between StarCraft: Remastered and the original StarCraft with the click of a button
The remastered version is fully compatible with the pre-existing version, so owners of either version will be able to play together as a singular community. StarCraft: Remastered is available on August 14 for PC and will cost $14.99.