A dataminer has discovered a number of new modes for Tetris 99 which will presumably be introduced in the coming weeks/months. Here is what OatmealDome has found so far:
- “Team Battle”: Two giant teams clash. Be on the winning side”
- “COM Battle”: “Battle against 98 bots. Defeat the machines!” (supports both 99 Battle and Team Battle).You can also change the CPU difficulty in COM Battle.
- “Marathon”: score attack -> 200 lines or endless. It appears you can also change the starting level.
Other assorted Tetris 99 tidbits:— LovemealDome & Simonx22 💕 (@OatmealDome) February 15, 2019
- You can change the CPU difficulty in COM Battle
- There will be a "Tetrominos drop at 20G" setting in some mode
- You can change the starting level in Marathon(?)
- The max rank is 99★. You will need 6820475 total EXP. Better start grinding.