A recent rumor has been circulating regarding Retro Studios next project. It sounds a little far-fetched but Eurogamer says that they have heard from their sources that the company could be working on a Star Fox Racing game. We shall find out whether it’s actually legitimate at E3 next month.
UPDATE 5/19/18 - More rumors about Star Fox Grand Prix have been revealed.
- The game is not like F-Zero
- He’s seen a more complete version of the logo
- The game is based on the arwing (which differentiates it from F-Zero)
- He was told the title “Star Fox Grand Prix” was a tentative title
- The game is a mixture between classic Star Fox and racing
- You shoot enemies to propel forward and get combos; you can shoot other players too
- Each Grand Prix is three tracks with a boss fight- where the boss comes onto the track
- It has a big hub area where you can interact with the Star Fox characters
- You pick up new missions at the hub and there’s story content to go through
- The game looks really really good in motion
- He also heard Retro was considering adding cameos like Donkey Kong
- He also heard it was a 2019 game, but wouldn’t be surprised if it was a 2018 game