Fortnite update V.3.0.0 is here and with it comes new building mechanics, new cosmetic items, a new Battle Pass and more. For the full scoop on what season 3 is bringing to Fortnite, check out their patch notes. Here are the highlights:
- 60 FPS coming to all PS4 and Xbox One Consoles for Battle Royale. You won't need a PS4 Pro or Xbox One X to experience Fornite's increased frame rate
- The Hand Cannon is available in both Battle Royale and Save The World modes. It excels at short to mid-range and will use heavy ammo in Battle Royale
- Hoverboards are now available in Save The World. It's a pretty cool way to explore the world without expending any energy
- Improvements to building, including "Turbo Building", which allows you to hold the primary fire button and build structures quicker than ever, "Auto Material Change" to automatically switch building materials if you run out of one mid-construction, and the ability to build through larger objects like trees, rocks, and vehicles.
- A new Battle Pass that can be bought in-game to begin a journey to collect cosmetic items such as outfits, dances, pickaxes, gliders, and more.
- Brand new orchestral score for Save The World and remixed music for the Login, Launch, and Lobby sections of Battle Royale.
- Color Blind options under the Accessibility tab.
- Various bug fixes and general improvements