Square Enix has announced 2 new editions for Final Fantasy XV on March 6, both of which included all of the game's DLC as well as new additions such as a first-person camera mode. The Royal Edition for PS4 and Xbox One snd the Windows Edition covers Windows 10, Steam, and Origin (click here for the PC pre-order bonuses and specs). Both are $49.99, and if you already own the game on PS4 or Xbox One you can purchase the Royal Pack for $19.99 via the systems' digital stores for the new content alone.
Here's what both editions contain along with the base game (text from Square Enix):
- Expanded Map: Insomnia City Ruins – All-new side quests and enemies such as Cerberus and Omega will be available through the expanded map of the Crown City of Insomnia. Players will also take on the Rulers of Yore.
- A fully-controllable Royal Vessel boat, expanding the world of Eos and allowing players to explore the area between Cape Caem and Altissia. Players will also be able to fish aboard the vessel and discover new fishes and dishes.
- A new accessory that can activate the new action "Armiger Unleashed" – Players will be able to unleash powerful attacks while the Armiger is summoned. After collecting all of the royal arms, players will be able to find an accessory in an unidentified part of the world, enabling access to Armiger Unleashed.
- A new first-person camera mode, allowing players to experience the game from Noctis' perspective.
- More than a dozen pieces of downloadable content including weapons, Regalia car skins, and item sets
- All season pass content including Episode Gladiolus, Episode Prompto, Multiplayer Expansion: Comrades, and Episode Ignis.
- Archive – Players can review the "Cosmogony" stories scattered throughout the Final Fantasy XV world. Additional local myths and legends will also be placed in various new locations, allowing players to obtain more information about the world.
- Quest to obtain and Strengthen Regalia Type-D
- New Trophies